People Helping People increase food security
Effective immediately, The Neighbors’ Place is suspending normal distribution practices and will not allow visitors into our building. Friday food distribution has also been cancelled indefinitely.
Food Pantry Hours are now as follows:
Monday: 10:30am - 1:30pm
Tuesday: 10:30am - 1:30pm
Wednesday: 1:30pm - 4:30pm
Thursday: 10:30am - 1:30pm
However, we remain committed to serving our most vulnerable population by providing much needed groceries and hygiene items in this time of need. We are striving to slow the spread of Coronavirus, and are implementing a new system to facilitate our food distribution efforts. Simply follow the guidelines listed below and we will continue to serve you as fast as we can.
2) We will have 2 vehicles pull into the “loading area” in front of our lower sliding glass door.
3) When a vehicle leaves, the next vehicle on Scott St. will pull into the vacated loading stall.
4) Please stay in your vehicle throughout your visit. We will ask for some basic information when you pull up.
5) We will bring the groceries to a table near your vehicle and you will load your vehicle yourself.
6) You will still be limited to 2 visits per month, so please be respectful and abide by that rule.
Thank you in advance for your understanding while we work through this very difficult time. In addition, we are only accepting food donations until further notice. However, we strongly encourage and recommend monetary donations so we can purchase the items we need most.
Please check back daily as we will update our plan of action as necessary.
Due to the continued increase in Covid-19 cases in Marathon County, The Neighbors' Place asks that visitors to our food pantry:
- wear a mask when interacting with our volunteers & staff
- only have one person exit your vehicle to load groceries
- send a proxy to pick up on your behalf if you have been
exposed to Covid-19 or are not feeling well
Thank you for helping us keep our community safe! If you have questions about pick-up options, give us a call at 715-845-1966. We're here to help!
We are currently serving guests out of their vehicles, and we are taking basic information from households.
If you are picking up food for someone else, you only need to tell us who you are picking up for, and provide us with your photo ID.
Call 715-845-1966 with any questions - we're here for you!
Requirements to use The Neighbors' Place food pantry are simply:
About 425 families visit our food pantry every week. Visitors receive a certain number of items (based on their family size) and can visit the pantry twice per month. We recommended that visitors to our pantry bring their own bags and boxes to transport their food.
As the largest food pantry in Marathon County, we work closely with the Marathon County Hunger Coalition to increase food security in our community. We have the capacity to act as a food bank, storing and distributing food to more than 20 food pantries, as well as other nonprofits, faith-based groups and schools. A large walk-in refrigerator and freezer allow us to accept donations of, and store, perishable food in addition to nonperishable food.