Join the Planning Committee for one of our annual events!
- Ice Tee Classic
- My Neighbors’ Keeper
- Hot Tee Classic
- Empty Bowls
Buildings and Grounds
- Oversee and support the building and grounds operations.
- Advise the board on matters related to building upkeep and renovation.
- When overseeing renovation, work to coordinate volunteer and donor activities to ensure our limited capital is used wisely.
- Ensure wise stewardship of our building and grounds and the limited resources that can be dedicated to facilities.
- Support planning efforts to optimize the function of the building, consistent with current TNP programs.
- Support efforts to develop and maintain a community garden on site.
C3 = Community Coordination Committee
- Oversee and support TNP’s development plan as it pertains to events and appeals as well as monetary and in-kind support (including volunteers).
- Provide support in planning and evaluating events & appeals.
- Facilitate opportunities for board development.
- Assist with the development of a volunteer-intake procedure.
To guide and oversee the financial practices of The Neighbors’ Place, ensure the fiscal soundness of the organization, and support the effective delivery of services to those in need in our community.
Specific duties include:
- Routinely monitor the financial state of the organization and compare performance to budget and historical levels. Ensure operating expenses are balanced to income and funding sources.
- Monitor and maintain appropriate controls over accounting records and deposit accounts of the organization and related transactions.
- Engage third party accountant for annual financial audit and preparation of tax returns of the organization and work with auditor to address any noted deficiencies.
- Provide meaningful financial reports to the TNP Board and its Committees to assist the organization in making informed decisions.
- Assist efforts to reflect in-kind donations on the financial statements of the organization to better show the real impact of the organization’s support in the community.
- Promote the impact of the organization’s services in the community and support fundraising efforts of the organization.
- Support efforts to build the organization’s endowment fund.
- Keep the organization debt free and support programs and services through community support, grant funding and fundraising efforts.
- Prepare annual fiscal operating budget. Provide draft budget for next fiscal year to Executive Committee and Board by December of each year with final version to be approved at the January Board meeting. In addition, the committee will assist with capital project planning and budgeting as needed.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop a structure for the staff review process; advise on the development of any staff review instruments. Most reviews will be conducted by the Executive Director in October or November of each year. Reviews that are tied to year-end fundraising goals may be conducted in December/January.
- Develop an instrument for reviewing the Executive Director.
- Work with the Executive Director to recommend to the Executive Committee, by its December meeting, any salary increases and staff position changes or additions.
- Work with the Executive Director to review health plan options and make recommendations to the board by its November meeting (depending on the policy renewal timelines).
- Serve as a resource to the Executive Director on employment issues and act as a conduit to the Executive Committee to ensure communication concerning any employment issues.
- Advise the Executive Director in creating job descriptions for new positions and appropriate advertising, and participate in interviews as needed.
Provide input or develop marketing strategies that support the work of all TNP Committees, as requested by individual committees.
Market The Neighbors’ Place to supporters
- Develop, and revise as needed, a marketing plan for special events, to include branding, marketing strategies, and marketing at events.
- Develop, and revise as needed, a public relations plan.
- Provide input on development of the E-newsletter.
- Develop and maintain content for community speaking engagements.
- Advise on the content of program/facility tours.
- Provide website and social media input.
Market The Neighbors’ Place to clients
- Consult with staff on appropriate marketing/outreach methods.