Effective immediately, The Neighbors’ Place is suspending normal distribution practices and will not allow visitors into our building. Friday food distribution has also been cancelled indefinitely.
Food Pantry Hours are now as follows:
Monday: 10:30am - 1:30pm
Tuesday: 10:30am - 1:30pm
Wednesday: 1:30pm - 4:30pm
Thursday: 10:30am - 1:30pm
However, we remain committed to serving our most vulnerable population by providing much needed groceries and hygiene items in this time of need. We are striving to slow the spread of Coronavirus, and are implementing a new system to facilitate our food distribution efforts. Simply follow the guidelines listed below and we will continue to serve you as fast as we can.
2) We will have 2 vehicles pull into the “loading area” in front of our lower sliding glass door.
3) When a vehicle leaves, the next vehicle on Scott St. will pull into the vacated loading stall.
4) Please stay in your vehicle throughout your visit. We will ask for some basic information when you pull up.
5) We will bring the groceries to a table near your vehicle and you will load your vehicle yourself.
6) You will still be limited to 2 visits per month, so please be respectful and abide by that rule.
Thank you in advance for your understanding while we work through this very difficult time. In addition, we are only accepting food donations until further notice. However, we strongly encourage and recommend monetary donations so we can purchase the items we need most.
Please check back daily as we will update our plan of action as necessary.
Clients may visit the food pantry twice every month
Thank you for embracing our mission to be "People Helping People."
We are here to work collaboratively, listen respectfully and care actively - treating everyone who comes through our doors with dignity.
In 2016, there were over 945 requests each week in our Food Pantry.
Our volunteers logged over 30,000 hours in 2016!
125 students in the Center, gained valuable life skills from 1-1 tutorship from 40 dedicated tutors. We hosted 130 workshops.
In 2016, Wheels Again provided 190 bicycles.
In 2016 Gift of Sight provided 68 pairs of glasses.
In 2016, nearly 4,200 families visited The Neighbors' Place in need of household items.
More than 800 pounds of fresh produce was distributed to local families in need from TNP Gardens.
Over 300 children from low-income families were matched with sponsoring groups, ensuring they had presents to open on Christmas.