For Immediate Release – Monday, October 17, 2016
WHEN: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at noon
WHERE: The Neighbors’ Place at 745 Scott Street in Wausau, WI
WHAT: $10,000 check presentation from the Dunkin’ Donuts and Baskin-Robbins Foundation to The Neighbors’ Place food pantry/ food bank. October 17 – 21, 2016 is also National Volunteer Week of Service in partnership with Feeding America, so employees of the local Dunkin’ Donuts franchises will be volunteering at The Neighbors’ Place on Wednesday, October 19th from 9:00AM – 1:00PM.
HOW: The Joy in Childhood Foundation announced a $1 million 3-year partnership with Feeding America to help alleviate childhood hunger. The Neighbors’ Place was selected to receive a $10,000 regional grant.
WHY: Nearly 16 million children live in a household that doesn’t have sufficient access to food — meaning 1 in 5 children in the United States struggles with hunger. This grant focuses on helping sick and hungry children experience the simple joys of childhood.
INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITY: The volunteer team from Dunkin’ Donuts will present the check to The Neighbors’ Place (accepted by Kevin Wolf, President of The Neighbors’ Place Board of Directors), at noon on Wednesday, October 19th.
- This grant will help The Neighbors’ Place food pantry stock its shelves with nourishing food.
- The Neighbors’ Place food pantry serves an average of 945 families per week.
- The service is offered free of charge.
- Those seeking food assistance are welcome back every week, and the amount of food served is based on the size of the household.
- The average guest of The Neighbors’ Place food pantry visits 7 times throughout the year.